This mission of the Eagle Academy for Young Men is to develop young men committed to the pursuit of academic excellence, strong character and responsible leadership. As single-gender schools, Eagle Academies account for the fact that boys in general learn differently from girls and require different supports in and out of school to meet their academic, social and emotional needs. The Eagle Model is a tailored to help our boys overcome the challenges they face, that impede their academic progress.
At Eagle Academies
Parents are actively engaged in school life.
College preparation starts early.
Mentors are adult professionals from the world of business.
Rituals and routines create a strong culture of brotherhood.
EAF Scholars have access to apprenticeships they that are rare opportunities.
Our young men see themselves as eagles, with strength, courage, vision, and power. They aspire to the highest ideals.
Middle School Results
- 95% daily attendance across the Eagle network schools
- Eagle Ocean Hill outperformed their district African American and Latino males as well as both males and females in ELA and Math Proficiency in 2013 – 2014
High School Results
- Eagle Bronx graduation rate for school year 2013 – 2014 is 78% compared to 50% in NYC and 52% nationally for African American and Latino males
- 100% of Eagle Bronx graduates were accepted into college in 2013 – 2014
- Eagle Academy graduates have been accepted by our nation’s most prestigious universities and colleges, such as the University of Pennsylvania, the United States Military Academy at West Point, Carnegie Mellon University, and Morehouse College
- Eagle Academy’s “First to Second Year Retention Rate” has consistently been competitive with the National average while serving a demographic predominately comprised of underrepresented, low-income and first-generation minority males (55.5% – Class of 2011 & 2012) compared to 63% for both males and females of all ethnicities nationally.
- EAF uses the National Student Clearinghouse to track college persistence, updates will be available in January 2015.